Shine of Gods
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild Hall breakout !!

3 posters

Go down

Guild Hall breakout !! Empty Guild Hall breakout !!

Post by Saltnpeppa February 9th 2014, 2:08 pm

We now have a guild hall break out ! check portal for stables and double rainbow to go check it out. Because we have limited space for items in guild some things are being cleaned up and packed up, and reorganized. If you want in on decorating the new area please contact Airyanna and she will set you up with an area to do. You can also please post ideas in this thread.

Saltnpeppa

Back to top Go down

Guild Hall breakout !! Empty Re: Guild Hall breakout !!

Post by Saltnpeppa February 9th 2014, 2:10 pm

Myzz, Airy and Saltnpeppa are working on watch tower area!

Saltnpeppa

Back to top Go down

Post by Saltnpeppa February 9th 2014, 2:12 pm

You will now find the guild mender in his own courtyard to the right of the guild hall front doors. Thankyou

Saltnpeppa

Back to top Go down

Guild Hall breakout !! Empty Guild Hall Ideas

Post by Draugr February 9th 2014, 4:07 pm

I generally like the hall, in terms of design ideas here are a few thoughts. I agree we should use more of the space in the hall, its' so big.  It's also a benefit as things render faster. two high intensity areas right beside each other now are crafting and main Hall. Entry way has both Portals and nice decorations as a greeting - Convenient but Portals kind of take away from a nice clean entry visual. Here's a few ideas.
1) Lets move the rarely used training area to a tucked away room in the hall or maybe that nook where the Mender was placed.
2) Lets move all the transportation to where the training area is now (with the possible exception of the druid ring - that looks nice on grass). Mender, guild strategist and stable handler all go with ports. This allows entryway to focus on looking nice. and stashes all transport in a spot that will not render with any other spot.
3) Main hall is great, but center fountain may be a a bit big - i get stuck on it when it renders slow - maybe a smaller decoration?
4) lets move crafting to a spot that is far away from main hall so that it won't be in the same video rendering space.
This focuses design around 4 central areas: Entry, Crafting, Main Hall, Transportation. and spreading those areas out.

One final idea: a Shine of Gods Hall of Heroes. Guild officers and others who have provided significant support to guild could have a dummy decked out with the armor they wore and a book/plaque about them. This will be really nice should someone quite playing or move on at some point. Kind a a gone but not forgotten area.

Draugr
officer
officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Saltnpeppa February 9th 2014, 5:05 pm

I like some of your ideas. I didnt know about the rendering. Would like to hear from a few others before
we set up votes . Hope the voting keeps people happy.

Saltnpeppa

Back to top Go down

Post by Airyanna February 10th 2014, 5:50 pm

I see what draugr is saying about keeping the yard clean, but I personally like the portals and the mender where it is. it makes it easy for a quick port, mend and run when in a heroic, or group that you have me healing ; ) I personally tend to take a while for things to load everytime I take a portal in the guild hall, so to have to zone to another area means my group has to wait longer.

its convienient having the crafting close to the broker, but if it would help with load time of the main hall and we would have less people getting stuck in the items because they haven't loaded yet, it could be a good thing to think about. though we don't want the rooms off the hall empty , so that's something to thing about too.

Airyanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down